LegacyGT.com

Spoolin in Neutral

Maybe I'm just imaging things, but when I'm in neutral, or have the clutch depressed, I don't hear any turbo. I've got a K&N CAI so I can hear it spooling when I get on it (love that sound) but when I'm not in gear, I don't hear it. Is there anyway I can make my turbo spool when I'm not in gear?

Don't think I've seen a plug and play for the Subaru, but they make two stage rev limiters for other cars. They set a low rev limit (~3,000rpm) which allows the turbo to build boost in nuetral and then when the clutch is released the rev limiter is turned off and you launch in the boost.

But it sounds like you don't need this for the drag strip, more of a sounds effects thing so just ignore me.:icon_bigg

ignore him, he'll go away.

probably the only way you will hear anything from the turbo in neutral is with a BOV

even then you won't... you'll only hear the BOV vent air when positive boost pressure is being made.... and in neutral you'll almost never see positive boost.

even then you won't... you'll only hear the BOV vent air when positive boost pressure is being made.... and in neutral you'll almost never see positive boost.

On my 2.0L STI engine, with a BOV, it was VERY VERY loud when I reved it in neutral.

With a BOV, you can almost always hear it blow-off, even in neutral.

"Insert Signature Here"

Archived