LegacyGT.com

gave "Glare" a try...

unfortunately i left my camera at my friends, had to drive and go it so this isnt RIGHT after doing it... yah, the bugs are out today so i just wont post pics of the front end :(

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/6785/dsc016560ml.jpg

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/262/dsc016537nb.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/2577/dsc016541lg.jpg

gona try to get some better shots later... they just mowed the mustard flowers by my place, gota find a new spot..

*edited w/ ocdetails list*

- Dust attraction- its only been on for this afternoon, but the dust attraction doesnt seem much worse than normal, and it comes right off with a Cali duster

- Waterspots- ill give it a wash tomorrow and let you know. i did drive through a puddle and spotting was minimal and came right off with the duster

- Bugs- no more than before, theres swarms of bugs all over my area right now so its hard to tell.

- Bug guts- came off with the duster, as long as they werent huge / still wet.

- Slickness- extremely smooth feel, when i wash it ill know more about beading

- Durability- no comment yet, guarenteed to prevent water spots, and ANY paint discoloration due to stains (including tar, treesap, egg, bugs, ect ect)

- Appearance- looks great, the shine has very little color distorion, ie, the skys reflection is almost the same color as the sky. good detail in the reflection to... i read a road sign reflection off the side of the car in the passenger side mirror just to see if i could (i get bored at red lights)

overall impression is great so far, i had it done professionaly at the wash club i go to (Bobs on N. Sunrise, for the locals...) the owner had it on his Eclipse and thats what sold me. took about 3 hrs for a full detail + application which allowed me a nice break to study for midterms.

*edit 4/20/06*

went to get a club wash today and instead of standing outside smoking and looking cool (kidding, smoking is not cool. im a tool... but i dont smoke in the car so +1 for me) i descided to watch the car get washed. the wash place has one of the big inflateable dryers thats really good at moving water around on the car, blasting it into door jambs, molding, and everywhere else before pushing it out to let 8 guys do the real drying with towels...

so i watch the lgt roll through and i can isntantly tell a difference. the water beaded and blew off (like a freshly rainX'd windsheild @60mph) and left the towel men time to DRY THE JAMBS this time. amazing. also, as i noticed before... bug parts came right off. there was one stuborn one but i brushed it off with my hand. without leaving so much as a fingerprint.

im pretty impressed with it, which means i think its time to try some wolfgang on top of this

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Looks pretty shiny. :) Nice work. What specifically were the products and processes you used?

Things I'd like to know after you've had some time to observe it:

- Dust attraction (does it seem like a dust magnet, or no worse than before)

- Waterspots (how bad are they when it gets wet and how hard to remove)

- Bugs (do bugs swarm around the car attracted to anything in the product)

- Bug guts (how easily do they wash off)

- Slickness (how long does it last and how would you rate it)

- Durability (How long does water bead and how long do you feel the product lasts)

- Appearance (any noticable benefit in different lighting and how long would you say it looks good)

That's just some of the stuff I try to track when I review a product. Sometimes I'll just treat half the car so I can compare to something else and get some more relative feedback, but if there is anything on that list that you are able to track and provide then I know I for one would appreciate it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

:) Thanks. Keep us posted if you have any other findings as time goes on. Often times many products will come out of the gate strong and then after a couple weeks you are wondering what happened. This product talks a lot of talk and I'm intersted to see if the results back it up at all. Thanks for the review.

OCDETAILS BLOG

:) Thanks. Keep us posted if you have any other findings as time goes on. Often times many products will come out of the gate strong and then after a couple weeks you are wondering what happened. This product talks a lot of talk and I'm intersted to see if the results back it up at all. Thanks for the review.

yah, but i have a gaurantee in writing for the detailer... so, if im not happy with it im gona complain til i get me a whole lota free detailing....

ok after day 1 ive noticed a few things... dust collects on areas that dont get direct airflow over them. sied pannels, rear bump, trunk to some extent, all collected a fair amount of good ol california road grime. hood, front bumper, side mirror housing, and roof had significantly less dust.

all of it whiped right off with the trusty duster.

OC what do you recommend?

For summer "Oh my God, what did you use to get your car looking so great?!" reactions I use Wolgang Sealant. I've used a lot of different products that look really great and don't last and I've used other products that last forever and don't look great. Wolfgang is basically what I would have come up with if you asked me what I thought the perfect product should be.

Then again, that opinion is entirely based on what I like to see on a car. I try not to marry myself to one product since you never know when the next great thing will come around. Today it is Wolfgang, but tomorrow it could be Glare. That is why I'm interested to hear how Irrational Exuberance likes it after a few weeks. I haven't really heard much about it to even know if it is all it is cracked up to be.

Hey, Irrational Exuberance... When you are done with your test for Glare let me know and I'll send you a little sample of Wolfgang. Then maybe you can tell me what you think the differences are. You'll have to strip off the glare first, so maybe if you can't do that then you could try the Wolfgang on a different car and see what you think.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey, Irrational Exuberance... When you are done with your test for Glare let me know and I'll send you a little sample of Wolfgang.

yah i was thinking about ordering some wolfgang and doing a pannel or two in it to compare. waxing over the glare is not a problem... and since i got a $back guarantee in hand on the glare i mind as well =D

Archived