LegacyGT.com

Need the metal clip for the a pillar

I was trying to install my boost gauge, and to make thing easier, i wanted to take off the a pillar so that i can route the hose&cables.

Seems pretty easy,from the manual (attached)it says just push the clip and it'll come out, but not on mine. It seemed to stuck on something. Me & my friend had to cut the metal clip off just to take the thing out.:icon_frow

So, i need the metal clip, and when i went to the dealer just now, they told me that i need to order the whole a pillar! :icon_surp They can't order just the metal clip. And, it costs about $60.

So, is there any of you who doesn't use their a pillar?:icon_roll

Or maybe have an extra metal clip that i can use?

Thanks.

24 - Upper Inner Trim.pdf

I've taken the A pillar cover off a couple of times and couldn't get that clip to release. I ended up kind of bending or "folding" the center of the cover in toward the center of the car to be able to slid to top portion down and off of the clip.

I was kind of afraid I was going to break the cover but it survived fine. I don't think I'd attempt it though if it was really cold because it might crack from being too brittle.

If you don't use the OEM method of attaching it might that interfere with the proper deployment of the side airbag curtain?

What is your address .. I have a spare one, when they tore apart my car looking for the mouse, they replaced both A-pillar pieces. One is missing, but the clip is still on the other one. I can take it off and ship it to you :) but it will cost you 1 million dollars!!!! muhahahaaha (my lame attempt at Dr. Evil) Seriously I do have it :)

What is your address .. I have a spare one, when they tore apart my car looking for the mouse, they replaced both A-pillar pieces. One is missing, but the clip is still on the other one. I can take it off and ship it to you :) but it will cost you 1 million dollars!!!! muhahahaaha (my lame attempt at Dr. Evil) Seriously I do have it :)

Pm'ed. Thanks alot!!

Yeah... that clip is a PITA!

OH... and Legacy05, do you have a space drivers side cover? The fabric on mine got torn when I was working on my boost guage.

I do ... but .. the fabric on my driver's side is really messed up ... all dirty and its loose from my crappy boot gauge install ... now it looks nice :) heh.

Archived