LegacyGT.com

cusco lower arm bars

Beanboy

http://www.stinkyteapot.com/braces.jpg

Got the front and rear Cusco lower arm braces installed this past week. Install went smoothly, so says Dentsport, but as others have mentioned, the rear lower bolts were wicked tight, as in the tightest (above 100 lbs-ft) of anything Dentsport has ever seen on a factory car.

I don't have any other suspension mods. Why did I get them? Well, plan on keeping the car for a long time, and slowly do more racing-type events with it. Figure might as well keep the chassis as close to factory tight as can be from the beginning, so on they went.

Can feel a slight difference with the braces over bumps. More of a thunk from the suspension/tires, they are certainly working harder, a good thing. Car feels a little more settled on a bumpy corners as well. Haven't run hot into any corners, so I can't say if balance/steering feel has been changed at all, but it does feel a little different...hard to describe. Could I pass a double-blind test? Probably. Is a big difference? No.

-B

I also seemed to have fewer rattles not more with these braces installed.

-g

Then I should get mine installed pronto.

So far I've been able to quell one rattle before another develops (at least the more annoying/persistant ones), or maybe I'm just focused on the one then when it's silenced I pick up on another.

Still trying to track down the cracking/tapping sound from somewhere in the rear of the cabin when the interior is cold.

Have the rears as well, just not as exciting to take a picture of. Have more pice from the shop, hopefully will get them one of these days.

Not going to bother with a tower brace for now. Have heard it won't do as much as the lower arm brace alone, understandable with the multipoint attachments of the lower arm brace. So with the lower brace already in place, not going to bother.

-B

Archived