LegacyGT.com

What lgt parts will fit on our n/a cars?

Just a few quick questions that i kind of know the answers (albeit hazy) too... the search button isn't very friendly tonight.

1. Do sway bars made for the legacy gt fit on the legacy? (im almost positive they do but want to double check)

2. Do all struts and springs (and even coilovers) made for the legacy gt bolt up to the legacy. If so, what kind of springs rates should i be looking for considering the weight difference? I understand theres some kind of mechanical advatage on the rear that some companies have overlooked... any help on that?

3. I read the oil change instructions.. then went to change my oil on my legacy. Aparently the legacy doesn't have an underbody air plsatic plate like the GT. Would there be any benefit to me installing this?

4. Ok bear with me on this one... if i get my car lowered then i might get tires then i might get rims then .......

i might get new brakes. My question is, is the master cylindar a differen't size on the legacy compared to the legacy gt. Can i put legacy gt brakes on my legacy.... can i put wrx brakes on my legacy? What options do i have?

Thanks guys i hope you can help me out.

Just a few quick questions that i kind of know the answers (albeit hazy) too... the search button isn't very friendly tonight.

1. Do sway bars made for the legacy gt fit on the legacy? (im almost positive they do but want to double check)

2. Do all struts and springs (and even coilovers) made for the legacy gt bolt up to the legacy. If so, what kind of springs rates should i be looking for considering the weight difference? I understand theres some kind of mechanical advatage on the rear that some companies have overlooked... any help on that?

3. I read the oil change instructions.. then went to change my oil on my legacy. Aparently the legacy doesn't have an underbody air plsatic plate like the GT. Would there be any benefit to me installing this?

4. Ok bear with me on this one... if i get my car lowered then i might get tires then i might get rims then .......

i might get new brakes. My question is, is the master cylindar a differen't size on the legacy compared to the legacy gt. Can i put legacy gt brakes on my legacy.... can i put wrx brakes on my legacy? What options do i have?

1. No problems w/ swaybars that I am aware of. I should have swaybars going on in about a month, so I can confirm then.

2. I have KSports on order (its been SOO LONG), and they are the same specs as the GT sedans. I dont think there will be too much of a difference. Our cars are a little bit lighter, so the spring rates dont necessarily have to be as high for the different handling characteristics we would be looking for. But I dont think it makes too much of a difference, especially if you run coilovers, you can always play around w/ dampening and/or height till you achieve what you want. I doubt that Legacy 2.5i specific suspension components will be produced as they are pretty close to GT specs.

3. The underguard. For some reason they decided our lowly 2.5is didnt need them. I think its more of a airflow/protection thing. I doubt it makes a difference. I would pick one up if i had some Subaru bucks lying around or something. I have yet to pick one up, but I might in the future. I think it's yet another one of those personal opinions. I think someone that has a GT has taken theirs off cus of clearance issues or something; I forgot what exactly.

4. I'm not really sure about this one. I guess we would have to compare the specs off the factory service manual or something...Anyone want to help out w/ this one?

1. I have a LegacyGT rear swaybar on my 2.5i. It fits with no problems. The fronts are the same as well.

3. I bought a GT underbody skidplate for my car. It looked so empty under there without one. The 2.5i is probably ok without the cover, but at the very least, it gives me a certain piece of mind that my engine is protected from road debris. Save up your Scooby Bucks and buy one. That's how I paid for mine. :)

1) The fronts may be different due to Turbo Crossmember (they are different on Imprezas, and they use the same Xmembers), the rears are the same.

2)The coilovers will interchange, springs Im not sure, depends on if the tophats are different where the spring meets. Given Subarus track record, I'd bet they are the same.

3) The plastic cover would help little with aerodynamics but who knows how much.

4) MC is most likely the same, the brakes will swap right over, and even if the MC is slightly different it will be ok to change over the brakes.

All BBKs for WRX/STi will fit, given the right rim to go over them :)

I found the price in the vacation pics... but sometimes the dealers dont charge the msrp.. how much did you guys have to pay for your underguard? I was going to get a front/rear sway kit... but im a little worried about the front now, does anyone else know if there is a difference. It's hard to tell from the vacation pics. also, ion ill pm you this as well, but what shocks are your springs designed to work with? I understand the legacy has less damping than the shocks in the gt. I might get new shocks with the springs.. what do you recomend?

1. Do sway bars made for the legacy gt fit on the legacy?

3. Aparently the legacy doesn't have an underbody air plsatic plate like the GT. Would there be any benefit to me installing this?

4. Is the master cylindar a differen't size on the legacy compared to the legacy gt. Can i put legacy gt brakes on my legacy.... can i put wrx brakes on my legacy? What options do i have?

A) yes on the sways

B) yes, you can swap any of the GT sedan suspension components into your 2.5i sedan.. spring rates and the shocks will determine what you want to do with the car.. this is the fun part as well as the big headache.. I can walk you through the process only IF you know what you want the car to do performance-specific wise.

C) yes, there is a reason to have the plate.. it helps on the air flow believe it or not to reduce lift and turbulance.. but double check as I am not sure if the 2.5i header is in the way or not, the GT header routes differently, that might be the clearance issue.. in all, I doubt you would feel the difference.. I kept my plate on the car because it keeps the water from splashing up and rusting everything under it.

D) I doubt it. I am sure there ARE differences, but it's not enough to make that big of a difference. You DO NOT want to put WRX brakes because you already have WRX sized brakes on your 2.5i.. you CAN add Big Brake Kits from a WRX or put on GT OEM brakes on the car (you should include all parts such as lines, calipers, brackets and rotors). Your options on brakes are pretty wide.. it's your rim and rim options that will deter you from getting the brakes you want.. remember, if you want to go back to stock 16" rims for the winter, dont bother getting GT brakes because your stock rims wont fit.. that is a pretty simple example of the things to think about.

If you have specific questions, you can post here or PM me..

Keefe

Keefe

how much did you guys have to pay for your underguard? I was going to get a front/rear sway kit... but im a little worried about the front now, does anyone else know if there is a difference.

errrr...undgerguard cost...I can't remember. I'll have to look it up.

The GT front sway bar will fit the 2.5i. I have one in my garage waiting to be put on. Here are the size differences between the 2 GT and 2.5i sway bars.

2.5i: FrontSB = 20mm; RearSB = 15mm

GT: FrontSB = 21mm; RearSB = 16mm

Edit after reading Xenonk's post: There are no fit issues with the GT underguard and the 2.5i. It clips right on. The 2.5i even has the 10 million clip holes that you need in order for the guard to stay on. :)

Archived