LegacyGT.com

A lot of ?’s

mlg

I recently installed Tein H-techs and will be installing Whiteline sway bars F/R. I will be running Yokohama Advan Neova AD07’s (225/45/17). I am going for an alignment and want to know if I should revert back to stock specs for camber, caster, and toe-in (by the way anyone know stock specs?) or should I choose different specs. Also would it be better to wait until I have the tires and sways installed, then do the alignment? I am an aggressive street driver, with that in mind what tire pressures would be optimal to run F/R? Lastly, stiffest settings for both sways?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

well, it wont be much for caster.. but you can do as much as your car can give you since you are not running camber plates.

You should do the following for daily driving:

Front:

-1.0 to -1.5 camber (closer to -1.0 for longer tire wear and more footprint on the road)

0 toe

35 psi cold (38 psi hot) / 32 psi cold (35 psi hot)

Rear:

rear is not adjustable for camber

0 toe

30 psi cold (32 psi hot) / 28 psi cold (33 psi hot)

I gave you two sets of numbers, depending on how you like the car to drift or not. The first is more for understeering use, second is the opposite. The 2nd number is also for slower general speeds when going into a turn to give you some bite, but becareful if you go higher than those number-relationships, you will start to lose area of contact patch when the car starts to drift. You should have a pyrometer to really get the optimum tire pressures that you need to run on your daily drives to get the most grip out of your tires.

Keefe

Keefe

Lastly, stiffest settings for both sways?

That part is very subjective. Install rear sway on soft, go for a drive. Install front on soft.

like?? If not adjust from there.

Once the bars are up, its fairly easy to change the rear bar to hard if you want a little more oversteer.

I'd put both on soft, then make a decision based on how neutral it is. (but perhaps that just me)

Or you can do what I did, just install one bar at a time.. see which is better.. there's no need to change something if it's not needed to..

The GT in stock form (minus the tires) is a lot of car to handle.. I know, "250 hp is nothing to deal with on a 3500 lbs car".. but really, it is unless you are some driving god like Petter Solberg or Randy Pobst.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived