LegacyGT.com

iON SPrings INstalled - slight noise from rear

jimbob76

First off let me say the iON springs handle and ride great, what an improvement over the stock suspension, and hats off to Jack at iON Performance for arranging the group buy. This porblem is not an Ion problem, but a user problem.

I installed the springs tonight, but I have a slight rattle, not a clunck, but slight rattle in both rears as I go over bumps. Its very faint, so I am not sure what it is.

I assume I orientated the springs correctly, but perhaps I made a mistake. The fronts sound fine and no problems, just the rears. I checked top hats they are tight.

Anyone who installed the Ion springs, the last coil on one end is cut to make it flat, I put that up towards the top? I would assume thats right, becasue the stock springs are NOT completely flat on the bottom like the iON's are.

Any ideas?

jimbob76 - When you installed the springs in the rear; did you follow the perch indentation? The flat portion is suppose to but up against the perch indentation.

You should also check on the top of the shock towers in the back to make sure that the entire thread is being used; as this maybe still a little loose which may be the origin of the noise your hearing.

Archived