LegacyGT.com

A ghost in my radio?

Several times while driving, my radio has turned its volume up on its own. I will see it out of the corner of my eye on the display; the vol. goes from 6 to 7, or whatever. Just one notch up. There are no steering wheel controls, so there's no way anything is accidentally touching anything. Wierd!!! Anyone else had this happen?

Same happened here. I also posted a thread about my instrument illumination turning itself up and down and the stero and HVAC controls not lighting up on occasion. Weird stuff... or bad circuity? At least my GT starts everyday and can out run most other cars I run into... That's more than I can say about most of my other cars!

well as long as it's a friendly ghost, it's fine right? seriously, the issue 2.5GTurbo is talking about has been addressed in about a hundred other posts. if you experience that, most people just turn the car off and then on again and it goes away. if you're really concerned, take it to the dealership and ask them to check all the wiring and harnesses.

for your volume problem, i've never heard of this before. i would contend that your knob is actually not settled and some vibration or something pushes it into the next stable point. i'm just guessing, and my only indication is because it only goes from 6 to 7 and not to 15. if it starts jumping more than one, then it's time to call an exorcist.

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I just started getting the same problem.. except the volume goes up and down more significantly than that. I just called my dealership (planet subaru) and they said that i should let the mechanics know about it when i come in for my first oil change. (22nd). PM me if you want any updates on it. He said they'd never heard of the problem before, but that since it sounds like a problem with the internals of the car it'll only get worse... way to make me feel good. he also said that i still have warranty on it, so i should be ok for the time being... what do i do after the warranty? =P oh geez...

Hey,

I just started getting the same problem.. except the volume goes up and down more significantly than that. I just called my dealership (planet subaru) and they said that i should let the mechanics know about it when i come in for my first oil change. (22nd). PM me if you want any updates on it. He said they'd never heard of the problem before, but that since it sounds like a problem with the internals of the car it'll only get worse... way to make me feel good. he also said that i still have warranty on it, so i should be ok for the time being... what do i do after the warranty? =P oh geez...

What to do? If you're going to keep the car awhile, have your dealer extend the warranty. I have 5 years/100,000 miles on mine. Covers EVERYTHING other than normal maintenance/wear&tear items. Only cost $1200. You figure you're definitely going to spend far more than that over the course of 100,000 miles!!!! They call it Gold Plus coverage from Subaru.

Mine does the same stuff...

It

A. Switches to CD while listening to the radio

B. The volume goes up and down on it's own

A. has happened like 15-25 times

B. Has happened once but I got it on video tape so I'm gunna show it to the dealer when I get a chance to drop the car off for a BUNCH of other issues.

I don't even want to get into it...

Rear seat headrest is stuck won't come out or go down.

Idle is lumpy as hell.

Milage is like a turbo for my non turbo.

Car SMELLS at EVERY opportunity it has... clutch, brakes, cats, smells like gear oil sometimes (rarely) and a couple of others I can't really identify

Burns oil abt .5-1qt every 3k miles.

Misc. Trim pieces have fallen off or broken.

TERRIBLE fit and finish on the car... there is not ONE door or adjustable panel on the outside of the car that lines up correctly besides the rear bumper.

I've got EVERY rattle/Noise issue EVER posted here... IE Clutch squeek and rattle, windshield rattle, my pass seat shakes like it has tremors at certain RPMs/Speeds...

Basically I got this car because I was tired of driving my 93 civic with mods because it was too loud and rattly...

I now daily drive the civic again because after a couple of hours of work it runs smoother and better with 206k miles than my brand new subaru does...

Oh did I mention it was shipped with 2 bad o2's that were SOO bad that there was SOOT on my tailgate after driving maybe 20 miles.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't even want to get into it...

Rear seat headrest is stuck won't come out or go down.

Idle is lumpy as hell.

Milage is like a turbo for my non turbo.

Car SMELLS at EVERY opportunity it has... clutch, brakes, cats, smells like gear oil sometimes (rarely) and a couple of others I can't really identify

Burns oil abt .5-1qt every 3k miles.

Misc. Trim pieces have fallen off or broken.

TERRIBLE fit and finish on the car... there is not ONE door or adjustable panel on the outside of the car that lines up correctly besides the rear bumper.

I've got EVERY rattle/Noise issue EVER posted here... IE Clutch squeek and rattle, windshield rattle, my pass seat shakes like it has tremors at certain RPMs/Speeds...

Basically I got this car because I was tired of driving my 93 civic with mods because it was too loud and rattly...

I now daily drive the civic again because after a couple of hours of work it runs smoother and better with 206k miles than my brand new subaru does...

Oh did I mention it was shipped with 2 bad o2's that were SOO bad that there was SOOT on my tailgate after driving maybe 20 miles.

None of that has evar been covered :lol:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//beatthatazz.jpg

Wrong reply, jedi, but funny-assed as all hell. I hope, bro, you won't catch any flack for this one like your others, though! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
Wrong reply, jedi, but funny-assed as all hell. I hope, bro, you won't catch any flack for this one like your others, though! :lol:

Oops- gotta stop drinking at lunchtime :lol:

I didn't get any flack about the raped pic except for the one guy who felt "personally offended". I should have just apologized and told him I didn't consider that maybe some people on here have done time (besides donjaun :lol: ). Oh, and one of the mods removed the pic form a thread, but he's scared of everything, especially zombies :lol:

^ Why's anyone ever afraid of zombies? :lol: I mean, they scare the bejesus out of me, but it's not like I don't know how to deal with them!

http://www.tadgear.com/edged%20tools/images%20for%20pages/str-tiger.jpg

*picture stolen from my good brothers at TAD Gear :)

-and-

http://www.americanpistol.com/images/VickersGun1.jpg

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Hate to drag up an oldie but this is happening with my 06 LGT too. I thought it had happened a couple months ago, but wasn't positive. It happened last night for sure though, jumped one notch and then a couple seconds later started jumping and dropping several notches. I moved the volume myself and it went away. Seems like an odd issue.

Tsi hit the nail on this one previously. At first I sort of doubted it but whenever you adjust the volume be sure that you leave the volume dial in a notch (click) it's easy not to. Since being mindful of this, volume fluctuations have not occurred.
ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

Archived