LegacyGT.com

Stopped by the parts dept at the suby dealer. VDC, airfilter

mwiener2

Here's the scoop. Those looking to get the VDC button and use it for something else, not so easy. You can't get just the VDC button and slap it in there. You have to get the whole bottom piece (the row with the wiper de-icer and the blank where the VDC would be)

That whole piece is about $56 from the dealer, give or take a few bucks. I'm not gonna get it till I see a wire diagram for that button and what type of button it is (momentary?)

Interior Air Filter...

They are available for all VIN numbers. Really early ones get a free upgrade...Only about 200 cars affected. Wagons with VIN prior to 56368215 can get a retrofit kit for about $105. This includes the filter, filter carrier, and door thingy for back of glove box. I just realized I forgot to write down the Sedan VIN's...oops. Wagons after that VIN only need the filter.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Some legacys in other countries have a VDC (vehicle dynamics control) which is essentially stability and traction control coupled with awd. It has a disable/enable button by the gauge lighting switch.. most poeple want to buy this button so they can use it for something aux and keep an oem look. (on my audi i used an oem "sunshade" button from an a8 and wired it up to a garage door opener.. the sunshade emblem even looked like a garage door) I/c spray button comes to mind..

• 1 year later...

Just a hunch but I don’t think the switch is actually an analog 12v on/of switch...most of the buttons in are cars work through a computer via resistance changes for each command. So you would probably have to engineer a relay to use the button...And a momentary switch would be like the horn, only on when you are pushing.

Interior Air Filter...

They are available for all VIN numbers. Really early ones get a free upgrade...Only about 200 cars affected. Wagons with VIN prior to 56368215 can get a retrofit kit for about $105. This includes the filter, filter carrier, and door thingy for back of glove box. I just realized I forgot to write down the Sedan VIN's...oops. Wagons after that VIN only need the filter.

Subaru revised the glovebox after the 2005 Legacy went into production to make it easier to remove/install the cabin air filter. SOA conducted a service campaign (WWW-07) for the 213 cars that had been ordered from the factory with the optional cabin filter. Dealers installed the redesigned glovebox for those lucky cars free of charge. Everybody else who owns an early production 2005 Legacy is SOL and has to pay for the redesigned glovebox if they want easy access to the cabin air filter. Details, including VINs, are at: http://www.thel7.com/Recalls/WWW-07.pdf

Archived