LegacyGT.com

Check the o-ring in the stock BPV!

Aex1

Hi, everyone!

Well, first I've read this thread

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5487.html ,

but didn't pay much attention to it. Because during last months(!) I was really concerned about fluctuation of my knock, let's say this way. It was unpredictable! I was keeping substructing timing from some areas, but the knock reappeared there again! Or could not appear, under low boost.

But one week ago I hit ocasionally about -11(!) at 3600 rpms and got it that something is really bad with my car. The D table looked like -5, -6 all this time.

Well, I sent all this information to Mickeyd2005 and from the first glance he said: "Look for leak!" And gave me that link. Ok, I've read it more carefully and all of the sudden I remembered that exactly some months ago at one service we discovered this issue and repaired it by silicone sealant(!). And it was fine, maybe, for 14-15 psi, but for my present Target Boost 16.63 psi it became not enough!

So, we put a normal rubber o-ring there (in fact, it has an ellipce form) and the knock dissapeared completely! Now I have to ADD timing in the "suffered" areas! The car runs great, the LV looks good, the D table is inside 1%.

I just wanted to share this experience because if that gay and me we both had the same problem with assembling BPV, that could be a tendency in that part of Subarus.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of that part of the engine. By the way, we secured all small pipes there by plastic clips additionally.

And THANK YOU AGAIN, Mickeyd!

Baseline: DO NOT begin any tuning until you do a pressure test!

Archived