LegacyGT.com

Sunroof Shade Anoyance.

mhsneon

When I accelerate quickly with my car, the sunroof shade slides open slightly, the more off the light launches the more it opens. Anyone else have this problem? I will mention it to the dealer when I bring it in to get my A/C fixed, it only worked the first week I had the car.

2005 LGT LTD Wagon 5spd

I think it's the whole ease of use vs. minor annoyance issue.. It's especially true in the wagon, since you have to reach ALL the way back to get to the shade. If it didn't slide smoothly and easily, it might be more than a pain..

I just considering it a bragging right, i.e. "my car is so fast and powerful it opens the shade when I take off".. In reality, most drivers will rarely take off fast enough to notice it.. For the rest of us... well, it's not that big of a deal.

mine does that as well. At first it bothered me, now it is a game that me and my girlfriend play..."how far back can we make it go and make the ricer next to us look silly".

I may try the velcro thing, but really, does not go back more than 4-5 inches on a super hard launch...and it is soooo easy to just slide closed. I might just leave it alone. I am not excited to mention it to the dealer, once they get in there, then the rattles and other problems start.

I think it's the whole ease of use vs. minor annoyance issue.. It's especially true in the wagon, since you have to reach ALL the way back to get to the shade. If it didn't slide smoothly and easily, it might be more than a pain..

Don't have to reach around.

Braking hard will close it for ya.

Archived