LegacyGT.com

SoCal Fun Run pics (video included)

BOXRPWR

Video clip host website: http://www.streamload.com/BOXRPWR

Hey everyone,

We did the SoCal Fun Run today and it was a blast! Subietonic - hat's off to you for all your organization efforts and setting a tone of having fun SAFELY!

The turnout was good. We had 15 cars in all. I believe there were seven Legacies. There were some sweet WRXs and RSs. Yes, and an EVO "tagging along". Everyone behaved well and we had few incidents. (Don't worry Dale, we won't tell anyone that you took a wrong turn up the Idyllwilde).

Here are some pics:

1422007772_Picture001.jpg.971eddbe24808147735bdd6a567c9fd1.jpg

1193258520_Picture002.jpg.e70b825a97406af78c96c585f53d725a.jpg

1293351244_Picture003.jpg.fe82fc7d996cc3206a24e8c64ccb59a8.jpg

276063116_Picture004.jpg.f5b4ec7ec5ae05abb32db463eec6a99e.jpg

1881774752_Picture005.jpg.0e53ebe0e6152d9fc5a4cddc2239a9db.jpg

ah yea! it was great to meet everyone. thanks again Dale, great job!!

i think that was the second time i've seen another LGT on the road besides myself :D .. i need to get me some sways and do that again soon!

Hey,

It was a pleasure meeting all of you today. Thanks mucho for those who came out! It made my trip down from NorCal definitely worth it.

My friends and I had an absolute BLAST running in my best friend's Evolution MR. We definitely have to keep planning things like this in the future.

To those you planned to come, what happened? You guys really missed out :p.

Anyways, here are some pictures. I apologize if I didn't take a picture of your car in the beginning. I had to borrow my roommate's digital camera and the batteries died after a few photos. Later that day, they came back to life.

DCP_3828.jpg.3bac7463e141f115e926d64f0bccebd5.jpg

DCP_3829.jpg.7d3538861f85f3e36c21bfef3dc36321.jpg

DCP_3830.jpg.068facb6de79fc78d63cb02ea5e6954a.jpg

DCP_3831.jpg.70b26299531a86485c4855a0e809c144.jpg

DCP_3832.jpg.48dd3ec73b96302bb56ae0979d444c54.jpg

-ben

Thanks to Subietonic, LandShark, Mines, BoostJunkie, sil&duckswrx&legacy, and sde for representing the BL/BP Legacy crew!

Subietonic, I can't thank you enough for setting this run up. We have to try some other routes next time. Thank you.

LandShark, your car performed excellent in that little "push". Will was so happy that he had met his match :p. What a wonderful way to start his MR's after-break-in mileage.

Mines, my fellow U.C.'er, it was good meeting you. Maybe during summer we can get together with Will, the Evo guy, who lives near you, and hit up some routes.

BoostJunkie, it's too bad you were held back in the beginning. I wanted to see how your car would run! Good meeting you though. Hope you enjoyed your show tonight.

sil&duckswrx&legacy, I LOVE your car. I didn't get to formally introduce myself to you guys--I apologize. Your car sounds absolutely beautiful. The picture of the white Legacy in the side view mirror is yours!

sde, I hope you already know I love your car. Best exhaust ever! It was good meeting you and your girlfriend.

For everyone else there, it was an honor meeting you guys. Loved each car. Going around those corners behind you guys was pretty fun. :) To the black WRX, you put on quite a show during that passing lane going up hill. Hope you had as much fun as we did going around those turns. To the female driver in the blue WRX--I think it's sooooo cool that you can 1) drive stick and 2) be damn awesome at it. :p Towards the end you were going at a pretty fast pace! Funny how we'd all be stuck behind a slow car and you'd pass and disappear.

Anyways, thanks everyone for making this possible. Hope to attend another one soon!

-Ben

Also, to those who left for the 243, how was it????

Last pictures:

DCP_3839.jpg.0eb201e2677260c91c11b84d9fca8a4e.jpg

DCP_3842.jpg.56e7206bb834fe5bcc843fa2a8a259ae.jpg

DCP_3844.jpg.eb1947975b7cee562161cf0626b354d3.jpg

DCP_3846.jpg.d796bdf416fba4dcef5094268a64d7be.jpg

DCP_3856.jpg.61fbf4edd748ce949d3ba1fd0a234ca5.jpg

-ben

Yes, Yes we did.... We didn't even let the tour bus doing 5mph uphill sour our fun either...

How does Route 243 compare to the run up the front and backside of Mt. Palomar?l

Chris.

- Note to self... Just because its 55degrees in Costa Mesa, doesn't mean it won't be 95 in Palm Desert.... :D

- Note to self... Just because its 55degrees in Costa Mesa, doesn't mean it won't be 95 in Palm Desert.... :D

You're so right! It was so hot yesterday. We had the AC running the whole time. My best friend came from a Prelude, which lost a lot of hp when the AC was on, so a turbo was a big change.

-Ben

-ben

Oh man!!! I missed this???

OK, took girl to Magic Mountain, so that was cool, but would have loved to do this.

Let me know the next time you do something like this and I will add another Legecy to the pack.

I had a Fun time at the run too

It was nice to meet u too axis008, I also enjoyed seeing everyone's legacies. Legacys with rims look REALLY nice in person.

The run up to idllywild was funner than going down (for the people who ditched) because we were stuck behind a truck and a bimmer the whole way down.

Thank you Dan for putting the effort to put this together

We should definitly have another one, but closer.

Unfortunately.... That's as close its gonna get... Even going to my fabled Mt. Palomar is a drive... and btw... Dale organized this gig..

Coming home through Ortega wasn't too bad... I think I used more gas on the freeway than actually in the canyon.

243 kind of sucked .. we had 2 slower vehicles in front of us all the way down. no passing lanes and of course they did not use turn-outs. i'm sure the 79 was much more scenic. :)

Exactly. The 243 could have been a lot fo fun, and really not that tight or challenging a road. Unfortunately, as the lead car in our pack, I got a close up look to the cars that were holding us up. :mad::rolleyes: I guess even gesturing wildly with my hands in a choking motion wasn't enough to get the slow pokes ahead to pull into a turnout. Oh well.... There's always next time.

I enjoyed meeting most everyone there. Kudos to Dale for all his efforts in putting together a fabulously well organized event.

This was my first canyon run and I had a blast! Thanks Dale! Especially for keeping to schedule, that made it easy to catch up to you guys.

New tires...soft sidewall (Toyo T1-S)...it was like driving in th rain :), but controllable. I thought I had to add more air but I was already at 50psi. I'm putting the FK-451's back on next time.

243 back ...hmmm, I now understand why Dale didn't want to go that way. Although not a 'real' technical run, it did have some sections where if you went in a little too hot the slightest mistake could mean a solid 200ft+ drop, and absolutely no shoulder. If you have to take it again it would be safest to start at the 10 and go south so you are on the mountain side not the cliff side. Not something I would gamble with either if I were organizing it.

Very nice to meet you all, again confirmed...no better bunch of people than Subie owners! Even when the homeless lady walked up to you guys babbling on about some nonsense you humored her until she walked away (yeah I knew what you really wanted to do :), still you were civil.

Sign me up for the next one.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

The best bit of road seemed to be that short nicely banked section just before we turned around from going the wrong way...very very nice.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Yeah, those of us that went back down thru Anza had a little detour ourselves. We took the 74 towards Hemet for about 5 miles then pulled out for the last group photo. On the run back up the 74 we got to enjoy those few precious miles of really twisty, tightly banked turns.

I was running right in front of the EVO and trying to keep pace with those hot WRXs. Thank God nobody else was going our way so we all got to use the brief section of road with two lanes both going uphill. That allowed tight entrances and wider exits. The curves must have been backed 20-degrees or more. What a blast! That EVO stayed right on my tail but I think I was giving him a good run (and a good view of my Perrin sways and Swift springs in action).

That was an absolute hoot! I would get together and do that once a month if others were up to it. Of course, that's easy for me to say living in Temecula. I had no idea that juicy mountain roads were literally in my own back yard.

Thanks again Dale. Looking forward to your posting up here.

That EVO stayed right on my tail but I think I was giving him a good run (and a good view of my Perrin sways and Swift springs in action).

Yup! I loved the way your sways looked. Your car seemed slightly faster than Will's Evo. He said that you're a pretty good driver following your paths (he's really good himself, although it may not seem it given his age) and we had a blast following behind you.

-ben

Tell Will that the respect is very mutual. He had passengers too. I would've loved the opportunity to have us both open up on a longer, straighter run too. I tell you what, the Legacy with Cobb stage 2 power (and the 108 octane boost that I was using) really loves to run fast. My gal will sprint to 150 mph and still have a bit under 750 rpms to give.

It's refreshing to spend time with fellow Subie (and Mitsu) enthusiasts who can distinguish between fun, fast running and some kind of manlihood challenge. My view is...if my car runs a bit quicker than good for her, if the other guy (or gal) has more to offer then I just tip my hat and say "nice run."

So when is the next run??? my right foot is itching for another run, My brakes were failing me, I need to replace those rotors and to to mention my tires, HeyChris you up for a palomar run this coming weekend? or anyone else for that matter, I've never been up that road but I'm sure itching to go, if anyone else wants to I can go on a recon trip during the week and plot out a course...anyone game?

Archived