LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Purchase - Out Of State?

suicideking

Given some of the deals people in other states are getting, I might just have to consider purchasing an LGT somewhere outside of Colorado. The local dealers (esp. John Elway Subaru) seem to think their cars are just too **in demand** to get a similar deal as those I've seen mentioned in other posts.

(this despite the fact that nearly ALL of the LGT sedans on the John Elway Subie lot in Englewood have dead batteries....heh)

So...I'm thinking of purchasing out of state.

My main question is this - if I purchase a Subie in, say, California, I know that you usually pay license fees on the spot along with tax, etc... But since I'm bringing the car back to Colorado with me (where license fees are paid in a slightly different manner), can I elect NOT to pay those fees, or do I have to go to the DMV for a refund?

I also am from Iowa and bought out of state - very glad that I did 'cause I saved at least $1500. I haven't dealt with the registration situation yet, but I will. I will pay all taxes and fees at the DMV. I just put less money down on the car so I could pay those in cash.

Good luck, and don't let 'em screw ya locally, I hate that.....:lol:

My main question is this - if I purchase a Subie in, say, California, I know that you usually pay license fees on the spot along with tax, etc... But since I'm bringing the car back to Colorado with me (where license fees are paid in a slightly different manner), can I elect NOT to pay those fees, or do I have to go to the DMV for a refund?

Check out the info in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4816&page=4&pp=10&highlight=lease. There's a lot of good info in the thread but post #34 speaks directly to the quiestions you have above.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived