LegacyGT.com

Coolant leak

rad rex

I recently smelled coolant after I parked the legacy and brought it to the dealership to get it checked out. They told me that there is a seal on the water pump that is leaking and that it will have to be replaced. They are working on it as we speak, I'll keep you folks posted

I recently smelled cooland after I parked the legacy and brought it to the dealership to get it checked out. They told me that there is a seal on the water pump that is leaking and that it will have to be replaced. They are working on it as we speak, I'll keep you folks posted

Any mods?

I keed I keeed

• 2 months later...

UPDATE.........

mostly because I am incredibly pissed at the dealership, PATRIOT SUBARU, who BTW is registered here. I will be having a serious chat with the owner regarding this. I never had problems like this with exeter Subaru.

Anyway, now that I've vented a bit, here's the update:

I went to check on the coolant level which is slowly going down in the resevior. I noticed it was down and couldn't see any fluid in the resevior anymore....time to add more coolant and give the dealer a call and make another appointment to have it looked at. At the same time I was planning on doing Jedi's intake silencer mod and see how it sounded. Ok.....first lets' take out the......

WHERE THE HELL IS THE PLASTIC AIR INTAKE!!!

The intake to the airbox seems to be missing. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before but it's frigging missing ...because the dealer forgot to put it back in!!! This is after I wait an hour longer than they say they needed the car for when I brought it in to replace the water pump.

I will be making some calls monday....aaaargh

• 1 month later...

Archived