LegacyGT.com

Air bleeds through vents even when CC is turned OFF?

NickSJ

Hello, new to this forum. Nice reading so far.

I've noticed that when the climate control is turned OFF, the vents still bleed air. If I have it set to Defrost, the air will bleed through those vents, when set to Floor, the air bleeds through at the floor vents, etc. So now I am in the habit of switching to defrost, before I turn it off, because that's where it's least noticeable. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks, I read the CC sticky and the owner's manual, and didn't find anything.

Thanks, I already tried that and still, I get air coming through the vents - seems like there's a door in the CC plenum that allows air from the outside, that's not closing all the way when set to recirc / off, hence the constant air coming thru the vents.

Just curious if anyone else had noticed this same behavior, and if it's normal / expected, or if mine is just not functioning properly.

after you turn the CC off, you should hit the vent/recirc button and the recirc icon should pop up. i'm not sure if you're already doing that and still have the problem, if so, just ignore me.

the only thing that you should see is the recirc image on the display.

• 2 weeks later...
I JUST PUSH OFF, THEN PUSH RECIRC AND I DONT FEEL ANY MORE AIR COMING IN IN MY CAR, BUT IT DOES TAKE A COUPLE SECONDS FOR THE AIR DOORS TO CLOSE AND THE AIR TO STOP.

+1

1. Turn off EVERYTHING so that NOTHING is showing

2. Push the RECIRCULATE (image with a 1/2 loop)

3. No more air coming in :)

(passengers will pass out soon :D )

In Taiwan now...:spin:

• 4 months later...
Just to necropost, it doesn't seem that my car is actually blowing air when I do this. If the car is stopped I can't feel much but if I turn it off and increase my speeds the volume of air coming through seems to increase. I'll check out the recirc thing after hitting off though.

I would think probably because if you open the windows it's a bit weird. Also if you don't set the temp all the way to 65 it'll blow hot air.

I've never driven another car that did it.

97' SVX did it, and so does our '02 WRX. i can't remember further back then that. :rolleyes: maybe its a Subaru thing?

Sad thing is most modern cars come with switches on the individual vents to allow outside air to come directly in. The X5 has this and it is nice to just open the drivers vent to get some quick cool air coming in but yet still keeping the car warm.

all this whining now, but when you have hot air very quickly after startup when its freezing out, you'll love it.

turbo cars = quick warm air in winter. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/17649.gif

Archived