LegacyGT.com

FS: My LGT

colatkitty

I did not expect this day to come so soon, but regretfully I will have to sell my LGT. Last week, I bought an M coupe, so I will need to sell one of my cars, and the LGT will have to go…

Originally my plan was to keep driving my LGT for at least another year until the new Sti, Evo X, and the BMW 135 becomes available. I was going to buy one of those cars. However, one of my friends who works at BMW told me about the special deals that BMW is offering on the Z4 M coupes. I was offered a deal that I could not pass up, so I bought the M.

My original plan was to just part everything out of my LGT, put it back to stock, and sell it that way. But after much thought, I feel that I will not be doing the car justice, since the car is in perfect working order. It is at a point now where I feel that it is perfect in every way.... engine running smooth and stronger than ever, suspension tuned perfectly to handle both the daily grind and the rigors of the track, and a near perfect exterior and interior condition. I would hate to have to take it all apart and destroy all the work and effort that I have spent in making my car the way it is today. So I thought I will put it up for sale here the way it is to see if there are any takers. If I don’t sell the car here in a month or two, I will resort to my original plan of parting the car out and putting it back to stock.

As some of you know, I track my car often. This may turn many of you off in purchasing the car. However, I am very meticulous about maintenance, and always do my best to maintain my car in the best possible condition. Here are some examples of what I usually do… I always change out the engine oil before every track event (I kept detailed records of all maintenance work in the owners manual). I have changed my transmission and differential fluids three times. Flushed the brake fluids 5+ times, have separate brake pads, rotors, and wheels/tires for track use. I tape up my car to prevent rock chips during track events. I always wax my car after every wash to keep the paint in prestine condition. I cover my car daily at work to keep it clean. I am confident that my car is in better shape than the majority of the LGT’s out there. By looking at the car, you’d be hard pressed to know that it has ever been on a track!

Here is my mod list:

Engine: (322 whp, 336 wtq)

Deadbolt TD06-20G turbo

Perrin TMIC

AEM CAI

Prodrive Boost Solenoid

Helix 860cc injectors

AVO fuel pump

Accessport protuned by Harman Motive

Sti UP

PDE DP

Megan Racing catback

SMC Alky injection (running on Isopropyl alcohol which is readily available)

Custom dual oil catch cans

Custom oil cooler

Suspension:

Megan Racing coilover

Perrin sway bars F/R

Alignment settings: -2.25 Camber front, -1.25 camber rear, 0 toe all around. This setting is awesome, very neutral, and can run with the best of them on the track. For reference, my most recent track day at SOW ccw I ran 1:28:xx. At BW 13cw, I ran 2:09:xx.

Other mods:

RBS front lip

Modified stock grille

Sti transmission mount

Boost guage installed in cubby

OEM Mud guards

18” RoJa formula 7 wheels.

Michelin PS 2 tires

Fluids:

Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

Redline Transmission and differential fluid

Currently, Rotella T synthetic 5w/40 motor oil

Redline water wetter added in coolant

I am offering the car in its current state for $20,000 OBO. It is a 2005 Satin White Pearl LGT non limited. I am the original owner of the car since August 2004. Car had been meticulously maintained, and is in prestine condition, no accidents of any kind, paint and interior in near perfect condition, non smoker. It currently has around 41k miles. All stock parts will be included with the sale.

Here are some pictures taken today.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06160.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06155.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06151.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06147.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06144.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06141.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06137.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/colatkitty/DSC06135.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Merv, I really want to keep the LGT, but need the $$$. If I still haven't sold it by then, count me in for sure on 12/9.

BTW, Dave and I had a blast last weekend at Buttonwillow... He drove really well for being his first time at the track. Several Porsche and BMW drivers got to see his tail lights disappear into the distance :icon_cool...

I love this LGT. Good luck with the sale. I really like how you intergrated the front lip with the painted black center. It actually matches the rear. The only colors that would look as good as white are probably red and silver.

Be sure to post some pics of the your new M.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Wow nice ... but arent ya parked in the red zone while taking a pic?

also looks like u have a rear lip ... no?

Haha it's probably in front of his house so he can do whatever he wants!

I have to say that is a very clean looking BL Colakitty! I hope you'll be able to attract people who can appreciate what you've done to the car.

So you're not running an external wastegate? What's your max boost?

how did you do the center section of the lower bumper?paint or some type of vinyl. i have been wanting to do that for the longest time. help would be appricated.

bump for a really nice and clean lgt priced reasonably.

Haha it's probably in front of his house so he can do whatever he wants!

I have to say that is a very clean looking BL Colakitty! I hope you'll be able to attract people who can appreciate what you've done to the car.

So you're not running an external wastegate? What's your max boost?

Yep, the pics were taken in front of my house, and I was only parked there for 5 minutes ;). I'm not running an external wastegate. Max boost is set at 20 psi.

how did you do the center section of the lower bumper?paint or some type of vinyl. i have been wanting to do that for the longest time. help would be appricated.

bump for a really nice and clean lgt priced reasonably.

Originally I painted the lower bumper with a spray on Bra that is washable. I like the look so much that I decided to just paint it flat black with automotive paint.

WTF.......? How come you didn't tell me about it when I was at your place on Monday?

It hurts to see her go. :(

By the way guys, this car = a beauty and a beast..

Mark takes really good care of his car.. :)

Hey Henry, I actually picked up the M coupe on Tuesday evening. Feel free to stop by and check it out anytime ;)

i always wanted white...

i wish you had leather...cus i do like it....or iwish i had to money for this...then trade the interiors then sell my car for the same price...booo....sorry to see you go man...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Thanks Rommel :). I didn't know you sold your M coupe already. You go through cars like underwear :p... What's next on your list?

Nothing yet, just enjoying the wife's car for now. I like the 550i with the sport appearance package.

You will have a hard time keeping that car under 3500 rpm. Power is from 3500 up red line. I love the power of N/A.

Good luck with the sale!

by far my favorite car at the BMW ultimate driving event I attended was the M coupe.

It reminds me of a Kart but with way better power. I hate the traction control system that BMW has but with it off its MMMMMAZING...

enjoy the car Mark.

Also if you don't mind me asking.. what deals do that have currently? My brother totalled our Tahoe so we are looking into new cars and I just might be able to convince my parents into getting one of these baby's. We used to have a Z3 roadster back in the day and they loved that thing.

Archived