LegacyGT.com

18X8 with 51mm offset didnt Fit??

ripsweetness

Well I installed my BC coil overs today and it was fairly easy. Threw on my 18X8 SSR type C-RS rims with Goodyear F1 245/35/18 tires. When I lowered it to the ground the rear tires are just touching the inside of the fender well. What can I do? I doubt I can return the rims/tires to tire-rack and I wont even come close to getting what I paid for them if I try to sell them.

How much clearance does rolling your fenders provide? Has anybody seen this done and does it look alright? How about price anybody got a ballpark price?

Well I installed my BC coil overs today and it was fairly easy. Threw on my 18X8 SSR type C-RS rims with Goodyear F1 245/35/18 tires. When I lowered it to the ground the rear tires are just touching the inside of the fender well. What can I do? I doubt I can return the rims/tires to tire-rack and I wont even come close to getting what I paid for them if I try to sell them.

How much clearance does rolling your fenders provide? Has anybody seen this done and does it look alright? How about price anybody got a ballpark price?

Touching the fender well?? You mean the fender lip??? Or are you saying that it doesnt even bolt on and rotate freely?

Rolling a fender could give you as much as 5mm worth of clearance.. it depends on how much you really roll it. I rolled mine until i couldnt roll them anymore and made sure that my fender didn't bulge out in the process. i have a whole thread on that as well (I think it could be in the tires section or exterior mod section).

I normally see fender rolling for around $40 to $50 a fender for a shop to do it.

My race team has a fender roller as well and I rolled all my own cars with it.. pics are included in that thread and i have a picture of the fender rolling tool on my car with a heat gun softening the paint.

Keefe

Touching the fender well?? You mean the fender lip??? Or are you saying that it doesnt even bolt on and rotate freely?

Rolling a fender could give you as much as 5mm worth of clearance.. it depends on how much you really roll it. I rolled mine until i couldnt roll them anymore and made sure that my fender didn't bulge out in the process. i have a whole thread on that as well (I think it could be in the tires section or exterior mod section).

I normally see fender rolling for around $40 to $50 a fender for a shop to do it.

My race team has a fender roller as well and I rolled all my own cars with it.. pics are included in that thread and i have a picture of the fender rolling tool on my car with a heat gun softening the paint.

Right Xenonk it hits the fender lip not fender well. The tires turn freely but the drivers side rear will rub if I hit a crack at 5mph. ( I havent even pulled it out of the garage since the install) I figure I can raise the rear to give more clearance but I still want my limiting suspension travel to be the bump stop not my tire hitting the fender lip. My car has 70 miles on it so im a little scared about rolling the fenders. I think I will put the stock tire back on until I hear a answer that I like:rolleyes:

That's weird....

I ran prodrive PFF-7's 18x8, +51 mm offset & Toyo T1-S's & Falken FK-451's @ 245/35/18's

No issues when lowered, no fender rolling...and lowered on Cusco Coilovers...

Hmm... Whats your ride height??? Front and rear

Right Xenonk it hits the fender lip not fender well. The tires turn freely but the drivers side rear will rub if I hit a crack at 5mph. ( I havent even pulled it out of the garage since the install) I figure I can raise the rear to give more clearance but I still want my limiting suspension travel to be the bump stop not my tire hitting the fender lip. My car has 70 miles on it so im a little scared about rolling the fenders. I think I will put the stock tire back on until I hear a answer that I like:rolleyes:

this is the problem with the Subaru Factory Plant with their high and wide range of the tolerances. I have this similar issue with my FRONT RIGHT wheel instead how the entire wheel would stick out more than the other 3. By no means it's really our own faults for us buying stuff that is built with better precision.

Dont worry about rolling fenders.. I've rolled mine pretty early in the stages of the car. I didnt waste any time racing the car or modifying it suspension wise.

Im not quite sure what kind of suspension work you have, but if you do have coilovers, you can readjust the coilovers with some more preload to keep the shocks at a longer range by using the spring to aid the rebound. You can also raise the car a tad bit as well, but in all honesty, it's just best to roll the fenders. As long as your rubbing isn't literally cutting into the side wall, you'll be fine.

Keefe

this is the problem with the Subaru Factory Plant with their high and wide range of the tolerances. I have this similar issue with my FRONT RIGHT wheel instead how the entire wheel would stick out more than the other 3. By no means it's really our own faults for us buying stuff that is built with better precision.

Dont worry about rolling fenders.. I've rolled mine pretty early in the stages of the car. I didnt waste any time racing the car or modifying it suspension wise.

Im not quite sure what kind of suspension work you have, but if you do have coilovers, you can readjust the coilovers with some more preload to keep the shocks at a longer range by using the spring to aid the rebound. You can also raise the car a tad bit as well, but in all honesty, it's just best to roll the fenders. As long as your rubbing isn't literally cutting into the side wall, you'll be fine.

You dont live in the tri state do you:)

I have friends stationed at dover AFB in maryland, have you heard of it?

Oh by the way I'm an idiot in regards to my statement that the rim/tire combo didn't fit:lol:. I just didn't take the time to tune in the coil overs I had installed prior to putting the rims on. I just had to adjust the ride hight some. I will still have somebody with more knowledge than my pee brain take a look but I think its fine. I will wait a week and then get a alignment...just need to find a good shop now

Archived