75 members have voted

1. 1. Pick my Springs :)

• JDM GT Pinks AT
    • JDM Spec B specific Pinks
    • Provas
    • Swifts
    • Ions
    • Other

I have some JDM Spec B. Blisteins Rev. A :wub: coming to me courtesy of SC GT.

They have some H-tech's on there that I could care less about. So now it is time to shop for some springs. I want a nice drop (an inch or more F/R), and a decent spring rate.

The car is a stage 2 5eater with no suspension mods to date.

I put up a poll, but I only know of a few options. Keep the opinions coming.

If anyone knows the difference between spec b specific pinks and regular pinks let me know.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the RevA with the SpecB specific pinks and liked it. NOt too harsh but good amount of performance. I had to switch to coilovers though cuz i wanted to go with higher spring rates and adjust for more neg camber.

I had the RevA with the SpecB specific pinks and liked it. NOt too harsh but good amount of performance. I had to switch to coilovers though cuz i wanted to go with higher spring rates and adjust for more neg camber.

You know the differences between regular pinks and spec b pinks. There has got to be something different because they have different P/N's.

VTGT, here is something to help you out:

http://www.subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications

Not really complete, unfortunately.

I am pretty sure all pinks have the same rates.

Some other folks on this forum really like Swifts and Ions. Provas have a good rep too, but I have seen fewer comments, these seem too be more rare.

I think these struts are very stiff, and must be matched with stiff springs. I am no expert, but my sense is that the Pink rates are the MINIMUM. If you want to lower the car more and save some $, maybe Swifts are a good bet.

For some reason the Tein S-Techs get a bad rap, but the rates are similar to the pinks. No idea why. The prices for these springs are pretty reasonable.

I have stock JDM Spec B springs, similar rates to pinks, no drop, I like em.

VTGT, here is some more spring stuff, perhaps you have already seen it:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/LegacySpringRates.jpg

Come to think of it, I am not really sure if the Tein springs were designed for the stock KYB LGT struts or the Bilsteins. pm unclemat, he really knows this stuff in and out. I am guessing he will recommend PINKS, specific for your car.

I loved my swifts, and highly doubt the pinks would compare. But they are specifically low and pretty stiff...without sacrificing ride quality.

What blistein revision did you have?

I have the Spec B rev B's paired with iONs, and I love the setup. :wub: The rough roads really beat it up, but the performance everywhere else is totally worth it. With the rev A's, I'll assume you don't care about a harsher ride, so I would be inclined to give the nod to Swifts over the pinks. However, I don't know if you're a wagon guy, but if you are, the iONs with HD's in the rear save ride quality with four other people in the car, and also will provide an even wheel-gap without the need for an extra spring seat. There's a pretty good deal on iONs going on right now in the vendor area, and I'm one of the guys partial to them.

I've heard/read good things about Provas, but have no experience. Also, I would go with the Spec B pinks over the regulars. Why? The Spec B has a 6mt vs the standard 5mt, thus heavier in the front than the GT. I would figure (and this is only a wag guess) the automatic to have a similar weight distribution to the Spec B. Although the rates are very close, there would have to be a reason for the excessively cheap Subaru/STI office to order different spring rates for the Spec B. Also, you bought the Spec B struts, why go away from the spec B setup? Good luck with whatever you go with!

now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

Anybody with JDM SPEC B Revision struts wanna chime in?

I already did. I voted Swifts.

JDM Spec B Rev A + Swift springs for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

I can see some people thinking that they're a tiny bit too harsh but I think most would say that they're fine.

I am wondering if it is more the struts than the springs that make it 'harsh'.

The JDM Spec B Rev A struts are VERY stiff IMHO. I am happy with them for the most part, but I agree, they are a bit 'harsh' at times. If I was to so this again, I might go for something between these and the USDM Billies, which some say are a bit UNDERdamped.

Your recommendation for Swifts might be a good one, they should be pretty well matched with these struts stiffnesswise, give a nice drop and have a nice price.

I already did. I voted Swifts.

JDM Spec B Rev A + Swift springs for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

I can see some people thinking that they're a tiny bit too harsh but I think most would say that they're fine.

Pictures? :)

Anyone heard of Wangans?

Pictures? :)

Anyone heard of Wangans?

Look in the Legacy Photos forums for edkwon's thread. He has a Spec B with Swifts and the way the car sits is just the same as mine.

Hell look up any thread with swifts on a USDM Spec B and you'll see the same stance.

I've got JDM Spec-B RevA's on my '06 and I had the Swifts before. Those didn't ride very well and were constantly causing me to scrape on rounded curbs on my driveway. I ended up switching to the iONs and have been extremely happy ever since. Much smoother ride, a slight drop in my auto-x times and no scraping the front chin on my driveway :)

Archived