LegacyGT.com

iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

I saw this over at techinfo.subaru.com.

Will this kit work on us 08 Legacy owners as well? On the manual, it appears they show an Impreza radio.

Anyone have any info on this? It would be pretty sweet if we can control the ipod directly from our OEM HU. :)

Here is the link to the user's guide. (PDF)

http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=190290

and the installation kit instructions. (PDF)

http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=190291

It looks like the part # is H621SFG500 ?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hrmm, dunno.. but I'm subscribing to see :)

chances are it wont work with 05-07s, they dont seem to have that kind of integration. There is a sat. emblem and a button in these radios but AFAIK the button doesn't do anything. 08s have sat. radio (do 07s?) and an aux. in that only works when you put a signal on it from what the salesman said, thats all I know fo rnow.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 1 month later...

I'd be willing to be the guinea pig on this. Shouldn't have too much trouble reselling it to someone with a new Impreza if it doesn't work.

If anyone finds one available soon be sure to let us all know! ;)

Cheers!

-Ian

I contacted subarugenuineparts.com and they said these units are available to order. They don't have any in stock but said it's only a couple days away if you order it.

I'll be ordering one soon to check it out. Guess I don't need the Aux in plug that I ordered. Oh well, it was only like $15. :lol:;)

Then again, I don't know if this will work with the '07 stereo yet do I?:confused::spin::lol:;)

Cheers!

-Ian

Not 100% sure but Wedge and Myself are willing to chance it and buy the part. OEM Radios tend to use the same type of Bus networks i.e. forester radio fits a Impreza and so on. As soon as we have the harness in hand I'll post up our results.

Not 100% sure but Wedge and Myself are willing to chance it and buy the part. OEM Radios tend to use the same type of Bus networks i.e. forester radio fits a Impreza and so on. As soon as we have the harness in hand I'll post up our results.

Does that mean you're DEFINITELY getting it?

I was thinking about chancing it as well but if someone else has already ordered this I'll wait.

Does that mean you're DEFINITELY getting it?

I was thinking about chancing it as well but if someone else has already ordered this I'll wait.

Roger that, ordering it today.

Fernely if you want a few bucks I would be happy to send you $5 or so. I figure it enough people do it then it won't be such a hit to you if it does not work since you are also doing it for our good.

Thanks dude I appreciate it, worse case scenario it does not work we just re-sell it back to a new 08 Impreza Owner. :) not really gonna lose anything.

I'm getting one too. I've got an '07 HU that I'll install along with it.

We're guessing that as long as there is satellite radio controls this should work. If not....well, like Fernely said, sell it to an '08 Impreza buyer. ;)

Cheers!

-Ian

I'm getting one too. I've got an '07 HU that I'll install along with it.

We're guessing that as long as there is satellite radio controls this should work. If not....well, like Fernely said, sell it to an '08 Impreza buyer. ;)

Cheers!

-Ian

Hey can you try it out with your 05 radio too to see how that goes?

I have what I think is an 06 mp3 unit (can't remember) and would just want to get all my bases covered.

Hey can you try it out with your 05 radio too to see how that goes?

I have what I think is an 06 mp3 unit (can't remember) and would just want to get all my bases covered.

I guess I can try. :confused: :confused:

Not sure how it would work though as the HU needs the SAT button to even engage the iPod interface.

I'll check it out though.

Archived