LegacyGT.com

CEL, ABS, Cruise, ERR 55

06White2.5I

Ended up getting all of these codes this morning on my way home. Anyone have any idea on what it could be related to?

Check Engine, ABS, Flashing Cruise, and and Err 55 on the Odometer.

Tighten gas cap

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Your odo is actually displaying Er SS which indicates the ABS/VDC system detected a problem with the data from one of the wheel Speed Sensors. This ususally prompts the OBD computer to set a P0500 trouble code, which turns on the CEL and disables cruise control. This problem is usually the result of getting stuck in snow and one of the wheels spins much faster than the others. It should all go away after about 3 driving cycles if that's the case.

^ Good to hear. :)

;1008230']Your odo is actually displaying Er SS which indicates the ABS/VDC system detected a problem with the data from one of the wheel Speed Sensors. This ususally prompts the OBD computer to set a P0500 trouble code' date=' which turns on the CEL and disables cruise control. This problem is usually the result of getting stuck in snow and one of the wheels spins much faster than the others. It should all go away after about 3 driving cycles if that's the case.[/quote']

^ Precisely.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48611

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
yeup, happened to me last night. got stuck coming into my driveway, car threw a CEL at me with ER 55(SS?). the error code went away after a few restarts, and i just disconnected the battery to reset the ECU and it cleared the CEL.

• 4 months later...
I just got this code today after 4 new tires and a wheel alignment. The ECU is in limp mode and will not allow the engine to rev over ~4200 RPM. Is the ECU thing the norm as well or should I be concerned?

This happend to me today..went to leave parking lot after alignment and engine shut off...min later turned it on and 5 sec later it shut off...couldnt drive it had to bring it to dealer by flatbed..im pissed B/C alignment shop got defensive when i asked if they touched anything..said they never saw the ABS CEL or Cruise nor ER 55 blinking...but the Fans running..."didnt hear them" come on now...

Update...ABS senser blew...

• 2 months later...
I just got this code today after 4 new tires and a wheel alignment. The ECU is in limp mode and will not allow the engine to rev over ~4200 RPM. Is the ECU thing the norm as well or should I be concerned?

Guess I never updated for others benefit.

One of the leads to the wheel speed sensor was inadvertently cut by the wrench

monkey who did my alignment. :rolleyes:

Archived