LegacyGT.com

Starting the carputer project

bmc

This is my first attempt at fabricating anything. After some epoxy, bondo, and a ton of sanding, this is where I am. I'll need some more touch ups but I'm done for today. I spent a lot of hours on this thing already, I hope it comes out decent in the end.

I'm using the lilliput EBY-701. Main reason for going this route was the price. I want to keep this project cheap. For a computer I'll be using my spare IBM T23 laptop for now.

epoxy.thumb.jpg.a482dc49df60a20f5d8629e30ffe27a7.jpg

touchup.thumb.jpg.fa207ae2d6ab117fdf4c7ed7e0f08bbe.jpg

(why can't people keep it all in one thread ? - to help future generations of GT Car PC enthusiasts ?)

Good work bro. Let's race to the finish...who gets his Carputer done first...as I am at the exact same stage.

(why can't people keep it all in one thread ? - to help future generations of GT Car PC enthusiasts ?)

Good work bro. Let's race to the finish...who gets his Carputer done first...as I am at the exact same stage.

Didn't see your thread before I posted. Got trigger happy.. Ton of info in there that I'm sure I can leverage. Nice. Let's consolidate, I'll post there. I'll let this one die.

psh.. my carputer was done a long time ago ;)

na seriously.. you'll find out right quick like you never finish this project, you just keep going and going and going until you're broke or tired of it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived