LegacyGT.com

Yet another retro

mr_luv

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought RX330 ASF projectors were not ideal to retro for the Leggy?

Jesus christ why do you have all these projectors kicking around....? Im still looking for a set of RX330s non ASFs..... hook a brother up!

My retro is waiting lol cant start if i dont have the parts..

tell yea what if these work i will sell ya my set up for a good price ready to bolt right up. They are tons better then the nonASF just a bitch to get in there i have had them for a year now just alot of trial and error but looks like i got it this time!!!
Mr.350

tell yea what if these work i will sell ya my set up for a good price ready to bolt right up. They are tons better then the nonASF just a bitch to get in there i have had them for a year now just alot of trial and error but looks like i got it this time!!!

I thought the RX330 projectors were direct bolt ons ?

difference btw the ASFs and the non ASFs?

So you've used them for a yr but it didnt fit right before? :icon_conf

nonasf bolts right up ASF has no bolting points.

So whats the diff btw the ASF projectors and the non ASFs? performance wise....

physical structure the same? Just no bolting points?

So did you drill into the projectors to get bolting points?

ASF are fully inclosed, no major gaps like the NONASF and Stock LGT projectors will post pix tommorrow for the diffrance between the two.

Thank you Sir :icon_cool

Im really interested in this..... and you know im looking for the parts right now :)

Cool.... :)

But is it just me, or can anyone else open-up the second set (the three) of attached images?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm also getting very intrigued by these retro's...I had EDM units imported for my B5 Passat, back in 1998, and absolutely loved them!

So would these rx330's be similar, only that they need to be "retro'ed" into the LGT's housings...

here are the pix that wouldnt open and a compairo of the 3 projectors i have now, 1st hella out of a linclon zepher/ Eclass benz/ 5 series BMW/ 2nd lexus rx330 ASF directional projectors, 3rd are stock Legacy GT projectors stanly brand.

DSC00159.jpg.1f6b7310bba68c149813f63709c3c460.jpg

DSC00158.jpg.0d33eb469808a2f947dc6f5b74a510d2.jpg

DSC00157.jpg.d1e7ab5677fe5b9c0d66b58ef4fe57cb.jpg

DSC00156.jpg.4c8cb0367c5718907575a698a9f25f09.jpg

Mr.350

the mesh is a good way of mounting them so u can move the projector around with out alot of drilling and cutting. guage i dunno it was a 5pack of gutter guard. just cut it into little strips.

Cool idea to use metal mesh as opposed to sheet metal.

If I went that route, it would have saved me some serious time. What gauge is the mesh??

Mr.350

I only have 3 retros and a few singles of stocks, I like lights I guess love the look of HID flicker and how wide and how far the light thrown. haha I dont need them all i suppose I had a set for sale no one wanted them though so I decided to use them.

what do you have so many setups tho?

Throw me a bone here you know lol

im still having a hard time sourcing parts...

Mr.350

Archived