LegacyGT.com

Well I went to the track today...

SCRAPPYDO

long story short... I had a bad car of THE SUCK. It was easier to lauch my WRX. But here is a curious thing. My legacy GT 5sp limited, tipped the scales at 3454 WITHOUT a driver. The car was empty except for a blanket, 15 cd's, a pet hair roller, 12 mints pilfered from the local mexican food restaurant, 1/4 tank of gas, and a reciept for 4.52 from waterburger. So she is quite a porker. My WRX was far slimmer than this car, although leather seats and sunroof, do not come for free. What'a'ya'gonna'do I went with a buddy of mine who has a Forester XT. He pretty much clobbered me all night... ha ha. My best was a 14.947 (I know its bad, but the car is not easy to launch), my worst was a 15.3ish. My buddy ran 4 14.5's and really got it going with a 14.2 for his last run. My biggest problem is my 60 foot time. They varied from 2.3 - 2.5. Far from lightning quick off the line. When my buddy in the XT ran his 14.2, he laid down a 1.97 60 foot time. OH, his car weighed in at 3329 with about a quarter tank of gas as well. The conclusion is that I need to cowboy up and learn to launch my car, but at only 1190 miles on the clock, I was definitely taking it easy on the launch. Car pulls fine, but like most things its the person behind the wheel that is the weakest link. I think my autocrossing has caused me to forget how to drive in a straight line... live and learn folks.... wish I had my 1974 Trans Am back... that was a drag strip monster! :P

When I had my '02 Rex Stage 2 91 oct., the best I could get was a [email="14.2@98.6mph"]14.2@98.6mph[/email]. BUT, when I let my buddy drive [email="it...13.5@99.8mph"]it...13.5@99.8mph[/email]. Soooooo, the lesson is...drive it like you stole it and you'll see much improved times (after all, that what the car mags do). Oh, and he managed to get killer 60' times while mine remained at 2.0 or 2.1.

We need a slightly firmer suspension that doesn't transfer so much weight to the back on launch. I get killer front wheelspin. Also, better tires will help that too. What was your mph on those runs? That'll tell you your true power.

Archived