LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Sub Installed Yesterday (Pictures)...

I installed the OEM subwoofer yesterday. The whole thing took about 1.5 hours. Someone with better skill than me could do it in under an hour.

Anyway, this is not a walk-through but I still took some pictures. Take a look.

Also, the sub does make a noticable difference. I turned the gain up .25 and the bass on the stereo down to 2. I sounds great. I sure can feel the bump under my seat.

Good luck!

NGG

354513443_SubLabel.JPG.9afddc13173e7e528f94e8dbe66f4c26.JPG

893009916_SubPlugOutlet.JPG.40f7c1ec03266c4c2d436ae23938afe8.JPG

46838707_SubGainandFilter.JPG.7b25e01b6415612c44e8b1c6e78fcde9.JPG

844177921_SubBack.JPG.861d789c653ec2e3ba812fe26ead1588.JPG

133628247_SubBracket.JPG.12a5c65281157a7d5fe4dd0bb2a15c34.JPG

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sub does fit nicely under the drivers seat. You can however see it if you move the seat all the way forward. Shouldn't be in the way of rear passangers though. BTW, I purchased this at [url]http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/sp_partdetail.php?partid=934[/url]. This is a Subaru dealer in the east coast. I asked for 2nd day air and got it in three days. I would recommend them. NGG

NewGTGuy, please describe how you removed all of the center console trim stuff. I want to take mine apart and glue felt or thin rubber padding to the back of some of it, to eliminate the only noise my car makes over bumps. The left side trim piece on the side of the console rubs something... Thank you, Kevin

once you sit in the car, turn the stereo on (to a 'comfortable' volume) and fiddle with the knobs. That's one of the easiest ways to understand how the things work. I tried the same in the WRX that I have, and after a few minutes of running back and forth (front seat, to rear seat) I found a balance that, to my ears, was correct. There's not much else you can do with the thing, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The rest can be taken care of from the Head Unit. i.

gtguy, I have the instructions in PDF format. I can't upload them as they are .5 Megs. I'll try to explain how I did it in steps. 1. Open armrest, remove felt cover and remove both screws in the bottom. 2. Pull e-brake cover off of console (straight up). 3. Pull armrest console away from shifter console (also straight up). There are two clips that are holding it in place. So, you need to pull kinda hard by the heated seat controls. 4. Unplug the heated seat controls under the armrest console. Now the console is comletely removable. 5. Now take off shifter nob and reach your fingers under the shifter console and push it up. It is held in place by 4 clips I think. 6. This will reveal two screws that hold the silver radio side panels against the console. All you need to do is unscrew the side you want and the rest of it is held in by the same kind of clips that held the shifter console down. Pull and it will come loose. I hope this helps. Good luck! NGG

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='NewGTGuy']gtguy, I have the instructions in PDF format. I can't upload them as they are .5 Megs. I'll try to explain how I did it in steps. 1. Open armrest, remove felt cover and remove both screws in the bottom. 2. Pull e-brake cover off of console (straight up). 3. Pull armrest console away from shifter console (also straight up). There are two clips that are holding it in place. So, you need to pull kinda hard by the heated seat controls. 4. Unplug the heated seat controls under the armrest console. Now the console is comletely removable. 5. Now take off shifter nob and reach your fingers under the shifter console and push it up. It is held in place by 4 clips I think. 6. This will reveal two screws that hold the silver radio side panels against the console. All you need to do is unscrew the side you want and the rest of it is held in by the same kind of clips that held the shifter console down. Pull and it will come loose. I hope this helps. Good luck! NGG[/quote] Thanks!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wonder if we could get a group buy on them? I've seen them for 180, but we should be able to do better than that.

It's really not that big of a deal. The guys at Subaru make everythinng snap right into place. Once I put it all back together, you could never tell I took it apart in the first place. You can get to the point of HVAC/Radio removal in approx. 30 minutes. Good luck! NGG

Archived