LegacyGT.com

Metra kit

LegacyMUN2k6

Just got an e-mail from metra

"We have not seen the 2006 Legacy yet. We think It is the same as the 2005. the 2005 was a total redesign from the 2004. We just introduced a kit for the 2005. The kit is part number 99-8901. Our kit only works with manual controls"

I would buy one today if I could get it for around $200-250. If not, I'll probably use some plastic weld to convert the existing faceplate for a single din headunit.

I don't know how good of a hook up you can get at your local shop, but I will check my guys out and see what I can get it for.. usually a few dollars above cost.

wtf $489, all it includes a replacement bezel/faceplate and mounting

brackets. Works only with the 2.5i since it has the manual controls.

arent most metra dash kits like $20? metra told you it was almost $500?!?!?

Check www.installer.com It's $59
i checked that site and didnt see it listed under subaru..... where is it?

I was wondering this too. I kinda hope it is black instead of silver. I just ordered one from installer.com. I have no idea when it will ship, though.

thanks, i was looking under 2006. $60 isnt too bad considering its a big piece..... anyone know if it is silver? or plain black like most/all of their other stuff?

i kinda wished they were silver, just to match the rest of the surrounding dash. but..... black might look better depending on what aftermarket headunit you go with. $59 seems pretty steep to keep it plain black, atleast if they were painted silver i could sorta justify it. either way i need to get the dash kit + headunit or a cleansweep, no cheap options.

does anyone have a picture of this new unit. i cant find one. also, has anyone tried to paint the panels to the left and right of the stereo bezel? i figured if those were black too it would all go together...thank god i got the manual controls!

I haven't seen a picture of it. People have painted the wood-grain panels and the trim around the shifter. I think they used Krylon Fusion spray paint.

does anyone have a picture of this new unit. i cant find one. also, has anyone tried to paint the panels to the left and right of the stereo bezel? i figured if those were black too it would all go together...thank god i got the manual controls!

Archived