LegacyGT.com

Anymore early model issues to report?

Just as I planned, I waited until yesterday to order my 2005 Legacy GT so they could work out the "new car bugs" that always seem present in new cars. I know they would most likely have some issue and heard about the side airbag recall on the early models, but is there anything else to report? Again, I ordered my car yesterday and just got it in on this months allocation, so the sales manager said I should have it in about 4 weeks. Mine should have the side airbag thing worked out correct? Thanks for any input.

outahere, That is exactly what is happening to me. When I accelerate rapidly, I experience studder between 3000 and 4000 RPMs. I'll let you guys know if the dealer finds anything... NGG [quote name='outahere']The only bug I have heard about is that a small percentage of owners are experiencing a stutter or hesitation during mild acceleration.[/quote]

[quote name='outahere']The only bug I have heard about is that a small percentage of owners are experiencing a stutter or hesitation during mild acceleration.[/quote] Had that too for a while but all but disappeared now. I put it down to loosening of the engine after around 2000 miles.

I have that to some extent as well, but I'm not too worried about it. In any case, since it is likely ECU-related, I'll be having the ECU reflashed next year sometime probably, which should take care of that.

• 6 months later...
I've seen a few responses to this when searching through the other threads but haven't really seen any response as to whether anything definitive was a problem. I'm noticing this now around 1700 miles under moderate acceleration. Any help out there?

[quote name='jim1969']I've had a low idle issue. Anyone else? I have the 5EAT. When the engine has sat for hours and then you run it for 3-4 minutes the idle drops real low while in drive. I stalled twice. I was using 91 octane at the time. Now I use 93.[/QUOTE] 4000 miles and no issues with low idle. Using 91 octane (all that's available). No other issues for that matter. So far, it's just been a great car all the way around. Unlike my 03 LGT which had several irritating glitches...

Archived