LegacyGT.com

Prova Steering Wheel?

Mendozer

they changed the airbag and stwwring wheel controls design. so unless you source a 08+ airbag and custom wire controls, the wheel wont work in a 05-07 LGT.

Thats good/bad all in one. Good because then it simply means that I can't spend money on it. Bad because that thing looks damn cool.

I think i would invest in this thing if I was building a full out track/rally car. I don't see that hapening anywhere in the near future!

Anyone know if the Prova has another stiching color option? If only red then I'll pick up the DAMD wheel.

I really like the suede/alcantara look and feel though.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• 4 weeks later...

DAMD is another Japanese Aftermarket Styling Company, they have been making custom steering wheels for Subaru's for a few yrs now. Prova and DAMD worked in conjuction to release Prova's own steering wheel. It's basically a rebadged DAMD wheel with alcantara

DAMD wheels have been sold on AVO's site as well as japanparts.com I think

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4230696106_86edc4f529_b.jpg

Ended up changing my order to the O shape instead of the D, love the feel so far, will get some better pics in teh daytime. Installed it in my driveway this afternoon while it was about 10 degrees out. Install would have been about 25 min total, but I had to reinstall the airbag and realign the wheel 3 times added an extra 20 min or so, but otherwise it was one of easiest mods I've performed.

Question -

What happens if you have a steering wheel that does -NOT- have any radio/cruise controls?

Does Prova/DAMD supply blank cover plates for those areas?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived