LegacyGT.com

Pleased with Stage 2 E/T!

ChruiSSer

Well I was able to get to the local drag strip by my house tonight to see what Stage 2 would give us!

It was 10$ to race! There were a TON of people there, but I managed to make 6 runs. To say the least I was decently pleased with the times I ran. If you guys NEED to SEE proof I'll post the slips next week.

Here's the best run. It was the 5th time I ran. The car had cooled down for about half an hour and I had Ice in a bag with salt on the intercooler. (I used the salt because it raises the melting point. This way you can have 25 degree water that ISN'T ice.)

I was up against what I thought would be a nasty vette. Had exhaust, cams, and NOS from what I could gather. he ran a 13.4 :rolleyes:

My time was...

r/t .608

60' 1.898

330 5.609

1/8 8.730

mph 79.49

1000 11.423

1/4 13.714

mph 98.59

I'm only running a Perrin UP, DP and the stage 2 map on the Cobb AP. I have the stock intake/filter, and stock cat-back on the car.

13.5's are definately possible with just this setup. The biggest problem that we are going to have is HEATSOAK!!! It's the devil. I was waiting in the line the first time so the car was idling for 10 minutes. I then ran and my first time was a 14.7!!! It was stupid. The intercooler got so hot. I then ran again letting it cool for a few min, but only ran a 14.6. It was only when I let the car cool with ice on the intercooler for about a half-hour, that I pulled off the 13.7. I also ran a 14.0 letting the car cool. I'm working on using the washerfluid hose and I'm going to run it to a sprayer on the intercooler, so when i race next time I can just spray water through the intercooler like the STi's...The car is definately capable of LOW 13's but like I said we need to address the heatsoak issues. besides that, I'm VERY happy with these times on a not to modded car. Just UP DP and AP and the car is VERY responsive. My goal is to dip into the 12's if possible.

Nice work though your ET's were all over the place. You rowing a manual I assume? Where is the track at? Weather,elevation? The 1.89 short time is what got you that ET out of curiousity what where the 60' times on the high 14 sec passes? I'd bet nowhwere near that 1.89. Nice numbers.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Dude- your car killed! Very good numbers and I'm betting with practice you could do even better!

That is nice that you kept up with the vette. It sounds to me that the intercooler will be your next mod??? When I bought my LGT from trading in MY04 WRX, that was the first thing I noticed when opening the hood; the intercooler seems so small. The only problem changing it out is voided the warranty; like SOA tried to do with me in my WRX.

I didn't put the heatshields back on...I most likely will tomorrow.

The 60' on the slower runs were around 2.1-2.4. I had one launch where it took off and then all the sudden the pedal dropped to the floor and the clutch started to slip. The track is in Great Meadows NJ, it's about sealevel, and the temp was in the 50's and humidity was in the 90's.

I most likely won't be getting an intercooler. It's not enough bang for the buck. I'm rigging up a I/C sprayer for free pretty much. I'm going to take nozzles, washer fluid bottles, and some hose laying around the dealership in cars that are getting junked, and rig up a switch so I can just spray the crap out of it before I run next time. If I can keep it cold enough it'll work. Eventually I'll get a CO2 system. It's stupid that they tried to void the warranty. That's one thing I hate about them....

I'm hoping with exhaust, intake, and the I/C spray to run a 13.2 or so.

My future plans are to add a STi Intercooler, Turbo, and intake manifold.

I've never been to Island Dragway but have ran at Atco and E-town. I am from Long Island and the track out here that was 20 min from me closed for good last year. Those are good numbers I ran my stock Legacy at E-Town last Sat night. Weather was awesome for racing and I had the car as light as possible and ran 14.0@97.

I most likely won't be getting an intercooler. It's not enough bang for the buck. I'm rigging up a I/C sprayer for free pretty much. I'm going to take nozzles, washer fluid bottles, and some hose laying around the dealership in cars that are getting junked, and rig up a switch so I can just spray the crap out of it before I run next time. If I can keep it cold enough it'll work. Eventually I'll get a CO2 system. It's stupid that they tried to void the warranty. That's one thing I hate about them....

Can you PLEASE do a write up about this :confused: I wanted to do the same thing ;)

KTM 525 - that time is one of the best i've seen for stock... I've been to E-town and Atco. I've never raced at either, but my neighbor and a bunch of his buddies (all 40+ years old) used to rent atco out for the day and run their 8-sec 69 camaros, chargers, etc... It was funny because every time he started up his car every house in the neighborhood would rattle. Island is located down RT 80 W. Exit 19.

rclarck0032 - I'll do a write up on it next weekend. I'm going to scavange the part tomorrow at work, and I'm thinking of ordering either 2 of the nozzles the STi's use to spray the intercooler, or using 2 Legacy/outback washer nozzles. I'm going to try to keep the system in the car permenately if space permits, but I'm not sure how big the tank will be.

Archived