Thread: Car PC
View Single Post
#79: 02-04-2007, 08:20 AM

f1anatic
Title: Das Cruise Meister
Car: Legacy GT & Forester XP & Jeep GC
Send a private message to f1anatic Find all posts by f1anatic Reply With Quote
Congrats on your baby.

It turns out that the bezel originally had some kind of varnish applied to it...and if you attempt to put primer over, the primer will dry out with creases and wrinkles. So this shit happened like 3 times already - I spray the primer I see the wrinkles...I let it dry, I sand it down, put Bondo, sand again...this cycle took quite a bit. Espec since we're dealing with insanely low temps here in Chicago and things don't dry out quite quickly. I made my decision to use a black paint that matches the bezel of my Xenarc (remember, I kept the Xenarc bezel in there, unlike you guys who wanted just the screen itself).

My greatest success comes in terms of wiring my laptop. I soldered a wire to the pulse/momentary switch on the laptop. It is not for those faint of heart...soldering required mad precision since the smallest mistake could disable the laptop/computer for good. Ran a wire to the outside (I made a knot so if by mistake I try pulling it, I will not break the solder), soldered to a stereo connector ...and another stereo connector will be soldered with a longish wire to a momentary switch inside the cabin. Now really all I have to do solder the rest of the wiring system and I am good to go... but these freezing times...freeze my advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3569 (Small).JPG
Views:	549
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	31488   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3572 (Small).JPG
Views:	521
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	31489   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3573 (Small).JPG
Views:	504
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	31490  

Last edited by f1anatic; 02-04-2007 at 08:25 AM..